Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OK so I may have been slacking

I was super sick a couple weeks ago and I'm now running at the speed of light trying to catch up after being out of school for TWO WEEKS. Any who, I'm better now and have very few excuses for not blogging. I've been working on my website www.ingridschindall.com and I hope to have the new revamped and updated site working by next week.
So, now is the time for pictures. Like I said, I've been working like crazy so I have a lot to post!


The image I posted about before has taken developed a lot and while its still not finished, there's a lot to show.




Also, I started on a project right before I got sick involving every rule in the letterpress shop that fit on my paper printed in CMYK.

Mr. SP20 all inked up with an inordinate amount of rules locked up

First two layers next (left) and first three layers (right)
Final print (left) and one that ran through the press crooked (right)

I'm not entirely sure if this one is really finished or what to even call it; I go back and forth between "noise" and "looks like" but I'm sure there is a better title hiding deep within my brain.
These two pieces conjure the dialogue between digital media and traditional media, image making media specifically, that I have been struggling with as a mostly traditional printmaker in the digital age.

I have so much more to post but if I did it all now you would have nothing to look forward too, except the new site of course.

1 comment: